Marketing Coordinator - Water
LifeStraw is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to work with our growing global team. Our Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with key players across functions to make sure that each project gets the resources and attention it needs to be successful. The successful candidate for this role will also be responsible for handling correspondence with vendors and communicating with other departments within the company to keep marketing campaigns and assets on track.
The job location will be at our offices in Washington DC and the position is reporting directly to the Head of Marketing - Water.
Support trade, consumer and product marketing efforts as assigned.
o Trade Marketing: Product sell sheets, trade show logistics and execution, retailer support, POP initiatives, etc.
o Consumer Marketing: LifeStraw.com, social media support and maintenance, digital advertising, etc.
o Product Marketing: Packaging updates, user manuals, claims support, etc.
• Work with graphic design programs to create, layout and update marketing assets
• Communicate directly with vendors, partners and internal staff to provide updates on all projects
• Create newsletters to communicate LifeStraw initiatives to consumers, distributors and partners
• Support digital and social media efforts as assigned
• Maintain an updated database of all assets through our content sharing platform
• Manage sample ordering and distribution for all marketing activities: PR, distributors, ambassadors and trade shows
• Create presentations for meetings with internal and external partners
• Assist with development of marketing calendar and support the execution of all marketing activities
• Confident self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, decisiveness and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions
• Maintain an “everything is possible” attitude, breaking habits and challenging assumptions
• Strong team player who drives results by securing the commitment and buy-in of others
• Able to quickly understand the technical solutions and requirements for global retail markets and product registration
• Can handle the challenge of combining thorough training with learning by doing in an international environment
• Strong cultural competence is an asset in working with our distributors around the world
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Have a good sense of humor
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Advertising
• 4+ years’ marketing, advertising or graphic design experience
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or other creative software platforms
• Experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft suite
• Knowledge of website design and experience working within CMS platforms to update messaging
About the Company:
The LifeStraw® business is a market leader in providing safe drinking water with a mission to redefine the drinking water space through quality and design. While the core competency of the LifeStraw® business is in technologies that treat water for health impact, the business differentiates itself through an organization that carries these technologies from R&D through manufacturing, sales and program implementation – ensuring that the right technology is provided to the right markets with the training and education they need (i.e. Investing fully in every aspect of the value chain).
Cause Marketing sales drive our objective to shift the responsibility to provide safe water in developing countries from governments and donors to the consumer. By harnessing the power of the consumer market and directly engaging our retail community, the cause marketing program creates a direct link between consumer purchases and a specific and measurable impact in schools that do not have access to safe drinking water- For every LifeStraw purchased, one child in a developing country will receive safe drinking water at school for an entire year.
Vestergaard has been a family-owned company for nearly 60 years, and operates under a unique “humanitarian entrepreneurship” business model that is dedicated to creating and deploying technologies that improve the lives of people in developing countries. We are driven by an abiding desire to lessen the burden on the most vulnerable populations and we have aligned our business objectives with the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals. Vestergaard is not content with “business as usual,” and has been at the forefront of innovation of disease prevention in the developing context. Backed by research in the lab and in the field, our disease-control products include cutting-edge PermaNet® 3.0 bed nets, ZeroVector® Durable Lining, and ZeroFly plastic sheeting; award-winning and widely used LifeStraw® and LifeStraw® Family water filters; and innovative frameworks to reach those in need, like our LifeStraw Carbon for Water campaign, and the integrated CarePack®. Thanks to our robust product portfolio, more than half a billion people in the developing world will enjoy a brighter and healthier future. Our staff design, develop, test, refine and support the distribution of these products to NGOs, aid agencies, faith-based organizations, ministries of health, and socially responsible companies. We work closely with those distributing our products to ensure that beneficiaries are satisfied; our presence in the field is a point of pride, and is essential to understanding the needs of the end users of our innovations.
Our global headquarters is in Switzerland, with regional offices in India, Kenya, the US, and Vietnam ensuring a global reach.