Quality Manager - Water
Vestergaard is seeking a talented and experienced Quality Manager to join our water business. The position is based in Hanoi and will report to our Managing Director - Water. Our new Quality Manager will be responsible for the management of all Quality related activities from suppliers to customers, ensure successful launch of new products in production and ensure that specifications are met, monitored and controlled.
• Build up and secure guaranteed product standards for all our production units and products.
• Alert, stop, isolate and help to minimize any potential quality problems at earliest possible stage.
• Ensure controlled and continuous improvement of overall quality standards of our full product range.
• Work closely with production in quality assurance programs, as well as required efficiency improvements.
• Assist product development in quality issues, and establish quality assurance manual and standards for new products.
• Secure highest possible data discipline and quality database updated.
• Monitor Quality Indicators from suppliers and drive.
• Maintain and update required raw material quality standards, and assure relevant test.
• Support purchase department with quality documentation of purchased raw materials and assist eventual claims with required documentation of alerted defect.
• Assist product registration with all relevant quality documentation as well as quality assurance manuals for requested products.
• Prepare and send monthly or special requested quality reports to water management.
• Follow up customer claims and implement in production corrective actions
• Pragmatic approach, ‘hands on’ attitude.
• Display an organized, comprehensive and data-driven approach to problem solving.
• Team spirit style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-disciplined, task-focused, self-confidence to compel corrective actions from suppliers,
• Full professional proficiency in English is a must, Korean is a plus.
• Willing to travel between 30 and 50 percent of the time.
Education and Experience
• Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Mechanical/ Quality or equivalent pragmatic technical experience in an industrial environment.
• Minimum 10 years of a successful industrial experience
• Proven track record of successful quality system implementation and management, product launch and scale-up in production.
• Proficient in Lean-Six Sigma, and FMEA techniques, ideally Green Belt.
• Familiar with mass production in various products like plastic, stainless steel and assembly process
• Water filtering or filtering membranes production knowledge will be an asset.